Thursday, February 23, 2012
The Waiting Begins
So now the waiting begins. Noah made Kate a paper chain counting down the days until the dumb cast comes off. Kate is making lists of things to do once we are only in a wheelchair with no cast. The Zoo and the animal park in Escondido being two of them. Here is a girl into animals.
She does pretty good during the day, but the nights can be wicked. I think she is half asleep and tries to move only to find out she is stuck tight and freaks out. She wants the cast off now, she hates the cotton inside, etc. She reached into her cast a few nights ago and started ripping out the cotton. I can now see the steri strips on her right abdomen incision. She was half asleep when she did it, and I am sure I would do the same thing. Now being very careful to keep that area dry. Distraction and drugs are our friends in this situation.
I am happy to report she has slept through the night the last three nights. Good thing too, because I was feeling newborn baby tired. The other night was so sad. Before she went to sleep she said she missed her old life. She just wants to walk again and go downstairs and do all the things she used to do. Big alligator tears running down her cheeks just killed me. We talked for a while and tried to find good things to think about. She eventually went to sleep. Broke my heart.
She has been getting some really fun stuff from people. This is a picture of her with a gift basket from people at Ethan's work. Now she really is princess Kate.
She is eating a little better, thank goodness, and she is able to sit up a little better. Her incision on the right abdomen has been more painful than the left side but her sitting up better tells me it's starting to feel a little better. Please, please let the time fly by. Her appointment to get her cast off is March 14th. Praying for her bones to heal quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment