Monday, February 6, 2012
Goofy Girl
One week from tomorrow we go in for the right leg. In some ways I wish it were tomorrow. I just want this over with. Pretty sad considering it's just beginning. Kate is doing great 90% of the time. There have been a few times when she has been very tired or having some discomfort that she will ask us to please take her to the hospital for them to remove her cast. I tell her that we have to wait for her hip to heal, but she says it never hurts to ask. So heartbreaking. I hate that dumb cast. Using a bedpan is a joke. She is doing better than I am the last couple days, if you can't tell.
Kate can move around a lot better now and she is using the trapeze above her bed like a champ. She jokes with us that she is going to be very strong using her arms like that every day. Getting the hospital bed was inspired. She can move around and get herself comfortable in positions that I would never put her in.
One issue we are having is that Kate won't eat. Nothing sounds good or tastes good. I had one hour the other day to run to the store and I'm sure I looked like a crazy person throwing anything Kate has ever eaten or craved in the cart. Sadly, it was mostly donuts, chips, ice cream, etc. I'm not being picky right now. Food is food. I'm not sure what we haven't tried, but I'm open to suggestions.
Kate's schedule is also screwed up. She is sleeping in until 10:30-11 and staying up until 1. Can't win.
These pictures were taken right after we did a shampoo in the kitchen sink. Yay, for that. Clean hair feels great. Kate was acting like her usual goofy self, I grabbed the camera and she hammed it up.
Clothes are interesting as well. I bought some size 14 sweats and some size 14 shorts. The sides of the shorts have been cut and velcro put on in preparation for the next cast. I think I will want to burn these few outfits when we are done. Thank goodness the shirts can be interchangeable.
Thanks to everyone who have sent activities and gifts for Kate. It really lifts her spirits and mine. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment