The last day at the hospital we actually got her to eat an ice cream cone, well most of of it anyway. It's the small things. We got the bean bags and blankets ready and put her in the van. No easy feat with this big, heavy cast. She did really well this time and got comfortable right away. She had to have her kitten, Crystal, and the iPad for the ride home. The hospital gave her a flower on her way out the door. Just like two weeks ago, she crashed out on the ride home. She takes that pink blanket Nana made her everywhere she goes. It's super soft.
Once we got her back in her hospital bed her real cat, Cleo, came to see her. Cleo only leaves her side to go eat. Every time we look, Cleo is on the bed with Kate. Look at the smile on my girl. Any cat that can do that is pretty cool.
Back to the same old struggle. Trying to get Kate to eat something so we can stay on top of her pain. She is currently having a little "Princess and the Pea" situation. Every wrinkle is uncomfortable, the sheet is not covering her toes just right, etc. Not that I blame her, it would drive me crazy. Now we count down the days/weeks until this sucker comes off. I am trying to be optimistic by thinking that by Tuesday we will only have three weeks left. Only, what a joke.
Thanks again for all of the love and support. We are feeling a little sleep deprived and there's always some level of stress. I am seriously hoping that having her home, and knowing that both surgeries are done, will help with the stress level.
I'm glad you are home and that both surgeries are behind you. That picture of Kate with the cat is so precious. I'm glad you have cats to keep her company. Hang in there! You can make it through these weeks. Give me a call if I can do anything for you. Our week is wide open and we'd love to help.
ReplyDelete