Kate is still on a PCA which is running continuously but at a lower dose than yesterday. She can now press her PCA button and get an extra boost of morphine. Her pain, while still present, seems to be better than last time. Although, two weeks ago she was also much more alert and able to move around a bit more. Morphine is great for pain, but a killer on the diet. This girl has eaten nothing. I bribed, begged, and pleaded for one bite of a roll, which she did eat. She now feels like she has upheld her part of the bargain and will have nothing more to do with food.
Her cast is gigantic and heavy. Her Dr. said that we can use the bar between her legs to help move her around. That used to be a no-no. She still has her drains in and 'wires everywhere' according to her. I had hoped we would be going home tomorrow, but it's not looking good. We need to be eating, off the PCA and onto oral meds. We also need to get her up to a wheelchair and transferring with our help.
I'm tired. Seriously. I got 6 hours last night, but could fall asleep standing up if I weren't listening for Kate. Not the easiest thing to do for the slightly deaf. Hoping for a good night. If anyone is throwing a prayer out in Kate's behalf, we need pain control and an appetite. Thanks.
Hang in there Marci! You are almost past the worst part. We will pray for Kate more and hope you get home soon. I feel like I should be doing more for you. PLEASE call if I can help - rides for kids, pick up some milk at the store...whatever you need!
ReplyDelete