First, let me just say that the last post was, well, sad. I read it and thought, who is that poor, unstable person? Oh wait, it's me. Not all days, hours, or moments are that terrible. As a matter in fact, most of the time I am a fairly happy and upbeat person. Just had a bad day. I think a bad day here and there is probably normal and ok. Should I find that I can't get myself out of bed one of these days, I will call for reinforcements. I don't see that happening, but it's always good to have a plan.
Today we saw Dr. Heichel at Shiley Eye Center. He is monitoring her lens movement. After 2 hours, yes 2, we found out that Kate's lenses have not moved since the last visit three months ago. Yay!! We go back in 3 months to recheck. The Dr. is hopeful that her lenses won't ever move, or at least not for a long time, and that will mean no surgery. As long as she is seeing alright, we won't do the surgery. Banking a lot on those contacts. Here's hoping.
Kate is a trooper. She is starting to get a little confused about which Dr.'s are which. I mean, the poor kid has 2 eye Dr.'s, 2 orthopedic Dr.'s, a cardiologist, and a genetics doc. I'm having a little trouble myself. Last night we were kneeling down for prayer and Kate said something about hoping we don't find anything else wrong with her body. She then rattled off the list, eyes, heart, spine, and hip/leg. She acts so great I sometimes wonder if the situation is sometimes lost on her, and then she'll say something like that. Bummer. They say knowledge is power, so I'm glad she's taking it all in.
The picture is outside the Dr. office today waiting for her eyes to dilate. She loves those "glasses" they give you so you can go outside. Wouldn't you know it, there's a food cart right outside the door. I gotta quit this buying a treat after every Dr. appointment. But who knew when we started it was going to be so often? Ah well, the girl deserves a cookie now and then.
Kate is so darling! Treat after each dr. appt is a great tradition. :) What a sweet prayer. She is so blessed to have you as her Mom. Hang in there!! You all do deserve a day at Disneyland! Have fun!
ReplyDelete