Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cardiologist Visit

We saw the cardiologist this afternoon.  Of course,  we waited an hour and a half before we actually saw the Dr.  So it's a good thing we broke down and bought an iPad 2 yesterday and downloaded a couple movies on it.  I also put a few games on it.  Kate played Cut the Rope for most of that time.  Thanks for the suggestion,  Traci.  We went straight from the hospital to a birthday party for one of Kate's friends.  It was at Pump It Up,  a blow up bouncy place for kids.  I was a little nervous to let her go,  but she promised she would play chilled out.  When I picked her up,  she mentioned that she was hit in the head with a ball.  She assured me the ball was very soft and in no way caused any damage.  What a cutie. 

The cardiologist increased her blood pressure medication.  We go back in May for another cardiac echo and to get her blood checked to make sure all her organs are cool with this medicine.  I hate insurance.  New rant for the day.  To get her the exact milligrams she should have,  we need to get the medication in liquid form.  My insurance won't cover the liquid form. What???  Ugh.  It will cost $112 every month to fill her prescription.  I am calling the Dr tomorrow and seeing how we can do this with pills.  So much fun. 

2 comments:

  1. Marci, It's Cindy, Chad's sister. I had no idea you were going through all this. I just saw a post by Traci on facebook. I am so sorry. Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes and it is so much worse when it is your kids. Been there and done that. I have no great advice but I promise that you will be a stronger, tougher and more spiritual person when it is done. I think that sometimes Heavenly Father is reminding us that we really can't make it without him. We really are totally dependent on him but I also know that if you turn the heavy burden over to him that he will carry it and you can make it. Sometimes I felt like I was over the cliff and free falling before I felt those comforting arms around me making it bearable once again. Keep hanging in there. I wrote some angry letters to Dennis and to Heavenly Father on those bad days so don't think there is anything wrong with that. Love ya. Kate will be ok because she has you and your love. You will be okay because you have the Savior--his peace and his love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy. It is good to hear from someone who has been here. No, life doesn't seem fair sometimes. Some days it really stinks. Thank you for your kind words. I've read your comment several times, and will likely refer to it often. You said all the right things, and I thank you. Love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete