I took Kate back to Shiley today where she got to wear contacts for the first time. She did a great job letting someone else stick their finger in her eye, much better than I would have done. The good news is that Kate said she could see pretty well and that everything looked bigger. We were told that everything would look bigger by her eye Dr. Kind of interesting. The bad news is that they bugged Kate. She said they were uncomfortable. They moved around quite a bit. They are ordering another pair that they are hoping will fit, and feel, better. Two weeks. At least that's what they say. I'm betting it will be longer. For now Kate is happy with her glasses, but she says she would like contacts if they didn't bother her so much. We'll give the new pair a try after Christmas and see how they fit. Fingers crossed.
Just as a side note, I saw someone about being fitted for a cross over hearing aid. Waste of time. They would have to put a hearing aid in my "good" ear and I would have zero "natural" hearing. That would drive me nuts. Also, because I have sensitivity to sound, the hearing aid would most likely make it worse. I'm actually cool with being a bit deaf. I don't think people around me can actually tell, at least not catch on for a long time. Sign language is pretty fun anyway. Oh, I have lost a little more hearing in both ears. Just slight, but still. Guess I should stop trying to learn Italian and get my fingers cruising through more signs.
No comments:
Post a Comment