Today has been all about shuffling schedules so Kate can go on a field trip. Her field trip to the San Diego Zoo is Friday the 9th. She was supposed to go and see her cardiologist that morning. I called her cardiologist to see when they could possibly get her in so she could go on this field trip. The earliest appointment was in February unless I could make next Tuesday, the 6th, at 3pm. Tuesday, at exactly 3pm, was when Kate was scheduled to get her contacts fitted. She is soo excited to get her contacts. I called Shiley Eye Center and the earliest they can reschedule her is the 12th. That is six days difference. That doesn't seem like a lot, but for some reason today, it felt like the world. I sat in the parking lot of the grocery store considering, field trip vs. contacts. Field trip eventually won out. And then I cried. Stupid, ridiculous, annoying, all of those things. My logic was screaming at me to pull it together and get into Sprouts, while my heart felt like it was literally breaking because I didn't want to break it to Kate that her contacts will have to wait 6 more days. Finally made it into the store only to lose it again when Abby's YW leader called and asked how I was doing. I'm sure she wasn't expecting what she got. Sorry, Holli. Just when you think you've got it together, obviously, not so much.
Here's the schedule for the next couple of weeks.
Friday, December 2. Dr. Heichel at Shiley Eye Center. He is watching her dislocated lenses and will likely do surgery when the time is right.
Monday, December 5. Dr. Wenger at Rady Children's Hospital. He is an pediatric orthopedic specialist who will be looking at her femur issues, protrusio.
Tuesday, December 6. Dr. Grossfeld at Rady Children's Hospital. He is her cardiologist. He will be checking on her tolerance to the blood pressure medicine she is on to help slow down the dilation of her aorta. He will likely put her on full dose now.
Monday, December 12. Dr. Tasto at Shiley Eye Center. She will be fitting Kate with contacts. Yay! I hope and pray that she is able to wear contacts. Her vision will be improved and she will be so much happier.
That's it for now. I actually bought a planner yesterday. I forgot to pay the rent at my business last month. Yikes. If it's not on a list or it doesn't beep from my phone, I never remember whatever it is I should be doing, or buying, etc. As a matter in fact, I have a timer on my phone to remind me to give Kate her medication every night. Kate is actually really good at remembering. She reminds me more often than my phone. She likes to show off how easily she swallows pills, thank goodness.
For a handful of reasons, I have decided to put that RN license I keep current to use. I am going to take a refresher course after the holidays, and hopefully find some way to get clinical hours. Someday, after I have worked some nursing positions to get experience, I would like to end up in same day surgery or somewhere in orthopedics. Kate will always need some sort of nursing skills in her life, so wish me luck. Actually a bit nervous. Hopefully, there are a few brain cells left in me.
oh, the scheduling is difficult! .... i'm sorry kate has to wait a few extra days! That is a long time in the life of a 2nd grader.
ReplyDeletehow cool you are going to do so nurse stuff!