Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One Week to Go



 One week from today we go get this thing off and it cannot come soon enough.  Kate has literally had enough.  I have quit trying to feed her a balanced meal and have been completely satisfied if she eats a cookie with a little milk.  She said last night that she can stick her arm down her cast now.  It is looking a bit loose.  Thank goodness it's only one more week then I'm taking her out to eat so she can put some weight back on.



I have mentioned before that Kate has entirely quit doing homework for me, she did do a sheet of math today,  but overall we are failing at the home school thing.  I'm sure it's because of our situation,  but I have talked to the school and they are going to send someone to help her starting next week I hope.  I had to fill out papers and send them to her Dr.  to get filled out and signed so hopefully that will all come together. 


Kate is soo finished with this cast.  She is pretty good when she is awake to leave it alone,  but every morning the last few days I wake up to find pieces of cotton all over the floor.  She is ripping this thing apart at night.  Last night she started yelling like crazy and it was because she pulled out a steri strip and it had her blood on it.  Getting the cast off should be a party.


These are pictures of Kate ripping a couple days off her chain that is counting down until the cast comes off.  She can't just tear them off,  she has to then tear them up and throw them away.  I feel the same way. 

As bad as things seem I know how blessed we are to catch this when we did. It's a struggle and a fight and hard,  but Kate is still with us.  Perspective this week as friends of ours lost their little boy.  Counting our blessings and praying for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment