Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday the 9th

So tired today.  Kate didn't go to sleep until about 1:30 and I laid awake until 2am.  By 2:30 Kate was back awake yelling that her foot hurt.  She got a foot massage and some Motrin and we switched her position.  She woke up again three times before 6.  Same complaint about her foot hurting.  Just when I thought we were getting the nights down to a science,  it all comes back to haunt me. She is feeling fine now, during the day.  It's those night time demons we need to keep at bay.

Every day now we say,  today is the last Thursday we have to do in the cast.  Last Friday, etc.  We are so very ready.  Kate can stick her entire arm down her cast and has been pointing out that she can feel her hip bones.  She is such a sweetheart,  but at the same time the tired mom in me wants to yell that it's because she won't eat a dang thing I fix!  That pretty much sums up my rant for the day; tired mom,  skinny girl.

I heard back from the elementary school yesterday and our teacher is starting to come on Monday.  So excited for this.  I am hoping having a scheduled teacher time the next 4.5 weeks will go by faster.  And our fighting over homework between us will hopefully end.  I must confess that the last day she has actually been doing her homework a little better.  It's all about bribery.  One page of math for one large marshmallow.

Traci, my sister,  just arrived this morning.  She leaves on Tuesday the same time that Leah,  Ethan's sister, comes in.  Leah is going to help me Wednesday to take Kate to get her cast off.  Ethan is out of town for work that day,  of course.  Because that is how life goes.  Thank goodness for family members who show up to save my sanity!

We are super blessed to be in an amazing ward.  Dinners, visits, and gifts for Kate have really helped.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment