Tuesday, February 5, 2013

UPDATE

Kate's eye surgery is never happening.  Ok, it is, but no idea when. Ethan is convinced they are completely ignoring his calls we have called her eye surgeon so many times. Kate is beyond ready to get it done, as are we.  She needs new glasses desperately, but they are $400 and as soon as she has surgery, which should happen any day now (hahaha), she will need a different prescription. Ugh!! 



 Kate and Huck. He's such a sweet dog, who knew I could learn to love a dog!  Kate just loves him. He is quiet and playful. Destroys everything in sight, but I'm told that's a puppy thing.





Huck wiggles his tail so hard when he sees the kids his whole bottom half shakes. So stinking cute. Kate is the queen of taking him for walks. I find myself stepping back sometimes and marveling that this is the same girl who was in that rotten body cast. Who thought standing next to her walker was a huge accomplishment, and it was.






On the bright side, Kate is walking really well and running is becoming very natural looking. Kate is seeing her hip surgeon on March 13th to discuss surgery to take out plates and pins in her hips. She is also seeing her back doc that same visit, I believe. Pray for things to be the same. The hardware will likely come out this summer.

Kate is quite tall. She is 8 years old and wears size 12 jeans and shirts. She even wears a pair of 14's. She wears a women's size 6 shoe. Abby, Kate and I all wear about the same size. Completely share clothes with Abby now, I do. Kate is right behind. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment