Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eye Surgery Postponed

So here's the deal.  It's been recommended, because of Kate's other health issues, that she have her eye surgery done at Rady Children's Hospital. Dr Heichel, her eye surgeon, does not currently have privilege's at Rady's.  He is trying to get them, it's a several month process and he is several months into it, so the call may come tomorrow or 2 months from now. I think it's best to not push the surgery date and have it done at Shiley, I feel better about it being at Children's. No reason other than mother's intuition? Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

In the meantime, Kate is doing really well in 3rd grade. She had two friends over the other day and Kate was a good head taller than both of them. She has mentioned that she is the tallest in her class. It will just be this way through elementary I think. In middle and high school she will blend in better, although everyone will think she is older than she is. Can't win everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment