Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Houston, We Have Lift Off!


We do indeed have lift off, a shaky one, but it still counts! Woo Hoo!

Yay!  The walker arrived today and Miss Kate is practising standing up, moving her feet a little, and sitting down.  She was way nervous last night and expressed all sorts of concern about falling, the walker tipping over, etc.  We had a long discussion, at 11:30pm of course,  about how we will go slow and practice and how everything will work out great. 

It was an actual act of you know who to get this walker today.  The original order was never processed and I was told yesterday it would take 2 WEEKS to get in the walker the Dr. had ordered.  Um, no.  No way.  Totally unacceptable.  I talked to the people at Apria Medical Supply forever yesterday and I ended up calling her Dr. office who directed us to a different medical supply company.  Thankfully they had the perfect walker in stock.

Kate was so nervous to try it,  but as I am sitting here on the computer, Kate is like a jack-in-the-box,  up and down, over and over again.  And I must add, with the biggest grin on her face.  Now that is a reason for Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment