The suture removal went well. It took forever to get her in. It was after 5:30 before she went into surgery, we got home just about 8:30. Poor girl was starving. Stopped and got Chick Fil A nuggets and Pat N Oscar bread sticks on the way home. She ate like crazy. By bedtime she was her same old self. The real pain are the eye drops. 8 times a day for 7 days, then 2 times a day for 7 days. We have been doing eye drops for almost 2 months as it is.
Ethan is doing better. He is taking less pain medication and even snuck in a shower after wrapping his foot up in plastic, just don't tell his doctor. He goes back to the doc next Friday about his foot. Once his foot is feeling better, he will be up to his wheelchair more often and out of the room I'm sure he hates by now.
Oh, before Kate's procedure last Monday, I took her to orthopedics next door and they removed her two casts but said she wasn't quite healed enough to go without them. Back on they went and then we hustled to surgery. Kate and I are getting to be super pro at doctor appts and surgeries. I have to say, almost made me sick to be back at Rady's on Monday. I love that they fix my daughter there, but I know it too well, I don't want to see it again for a very, very long time.
Hopefully, Kate will get casts back off this coming Thursday. She is being fitted for a boot tomorrow, to wear after cast comes off. Taking the kids to Disneyland on Tuesday, low key and just hang out. Ice cream will happen. Yes. Utah trip next Monday. Hopefully, cast free, wheelchair free......
No comments:
Post a Comment