Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kate's Contacts

I took Kate back to Shiley Eye Center at UCSD and she had all the usual tests that she loves to much.  Tell me what you see,  which is most clear 1 or 2, etc.  This was a contact fitting and our insurance doesn't cover it.  Fun.  Here's the deal.  Her contacts will be there in about 2 weeks.  They are specially made because her vision is so stupendous.  They are supposed to last a year.  They cost $150 each,  that's $300 a year,  which isn't too bad unless she starts losing them left and right.  Still not sure if our vision plan will cover any of the contact cost.  So, we will go in and the Dr.  will put the contacts in and make sure she can see and that they fit correctly.  If they don't,  we place a new order and wait another two weeks for new contacts.  If they do,  they teach Kate how to use contacts.  I wore contacts for years so I am hoping that I will be helpful.  They tell me that 8 year olds can totally get it,  so here's hoping.

Kate was really bummed that we walked out of there sans contacts.  Kids meal at McDonald's helped cure that,  not a treat she gets much...  if you can call it a treat.  I will admit that after most Dr. appointments these days I often feel the need for a pick-me-up.  And wouldn't you know it,  there's a McDonald's right there in Rady Children's Hospital.  I end up getting whoever I have with me that day an ice cream cone.  And I always get myself one, along with a Diet Coke.  I guess that's why I'm gaining weight. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay so you used sans twice to me today.... is this your Italian?

    ReplyDelete