Tuesday, October 25, 2016

HOME!!

Hanging out with Baggy



So happy to be home. Kate needs help laying down, sitting up, and walking. We have gotten pretty fancy with the pillows and getting her comfy, it's an art really. I think we finally have it down to a science.

She still gets nauseated at times and dizzy for sure. She said she can't understand why she has no energy. But she has more energy than she realizes. I have gotten her laughing pretty hard a few times. So, so good to see. She tells me I'm killing her and we have to wait a few minutes for her to breathe so she can move again.

We may or may not have more than one cat in the house....needless to say, we do not have a lap cat. But this guy, Baghera or Baggy,  is getting really close. We call him our next to our lap cat. Kate loved having him close to her. Much better than having a cat jump on her, which may or may not have been this same cat.

Peace Sign from the Princess

After all the arranging of pillows and blankets and cushions for Kate's bed, I started calling her Princess and the Pea girl. Bed is now a solid thumbs up. Just need to make sure she changes position often enough.

Sometime she just wants to hold my hand and have me sit by her. I've watched more Donald Duck, Goofy, and Pluto cartoons in the last two days than I have in years. We still have pain pills every 4 hours. That includes waking up around 11 and 3 am every night. Up again at 7 and so on.

She has started taking a few steps on her own and her balance is actually decent. But she still gets dizzy and feels like she has no energy. One big issue we have run into is her height and that fact that she cannot bend.  Washing hands, she desperately wants a higher sink. And brushing teeth is a joke. She has to use a cup to rinse and spit. She needs a house especially designed for her new body.  Loving this time with her. She is as funny and witty as ever. How I was blessed with such amazing kids I will never know. Abby and Noah have been cleaning the house, doing anything asked of them. Both wait on Kate left and right. So blessed. I have been trying to live my life a little differently the last few months. Living each day in the moment, not thinking that some time in the future will be better or if I just had this or that I would be happier. No, live in the moment. Appreciate each moment and day. Some days its easier than others. I am also trying to live with gratitude. Also takes practice.

Kate starts with a tutor on Thursday. Test run to see how long she can sit up and focus. Will likely have to build up to a full two hours. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment