Saturday, October 4, 2014

Brace Update

The short update is that Kate is (mostly) successfully wearing her brace.  The weather in lovely San Diego has been in the high 90's and I am hoping that is the cause of the brace shaped rash on Kate's body. We have been using Benadryl and anti-itch medicine last night and tonight. I am sincerely hoping that when the weather cools down the rash will disappear. Because of the heat, Disneyland has been postponed until it cools off a bit. Favorite time of the year there, Halloween!

Kate and a few friends got together today and when I picked Kate up, she had shed her outer shirt and just had on her t-shirt with the brace over it. The kids apparently didn't really say anything about it, although when I arrived they asked me how long she would have to wear it. I wish I knew. We will find out a little more when she has her next appointment. But, this is good, Kate might not feel self conscience about it now that she realized her friends didn't really care. I do worry kids in middle school won't be as kind, but that is a next year problem.

Generally, I am a little better than my last post. Although my body has forgotten how to sleep, over four nights now, and that is taking it's toll. I am sure it's stress or worry or too much on my mind, etc. I have tried melatonin, and even took to drinking NyQuil in the middle of the night. I generally get to sleep, but I don't stay there. Not that walking around in a fog isn't fun, but I get migraines when I don't get enough sleep. Luckily, I have only had one decent one. It struck around 1 am, took Vicodin at 2, asleep by 3:30, and up again by 6. See what I mean? If only my brain could focus during all that awake time, serious reading could be done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment