Ethan had surgery a few weeks ago and had his hardware removed from his foot. He was home the same day and had a few days of pain, still limping pretty decently, but doing alright.
When you have Marfans you can have a high palate, that is also too narrow. Of course, Kate has this. She seems to get it all. She had a spacer put in a few months ago to help correct this. On Monday she had the spacer removed and braces put on her top teeth to help correct her bite and straighten her top teeth. Lower braces will be in her future as well.
Her last appointment with her cardiologist went well, it was months ago. So far her aorta is stable. Her eyes are doing well. Her back, sometimes she complains about it hurting, but it has been a while since she has complained about it. We are in keeping stable mode. Fingers crossed we stay here.
On April 15th Kate will have her hardware removed from her legs from her hip surgery she had two years ago. It will require an overnight stay at Rady Children's, and then a few weeks on crutches, which she has never used so this could be interesting.
Kate is an amazing kiddo. Her spirits are as bright as ever, she seems to take everything in stride. I, on the other hand, am sick to think about staying overnight at Radys. Great place, nice staff, but I need a few more years to be OK going back there. I am becoming a wimp. Or I am tired. Feels like swimming against the current for so long that if one more wave comes I'll end up floating away. That won't happen of course, I'm the mom. Mom is tough and strong and can deal with anything for her kids. But man, the fight feels harder lately. My own issues I think are playing a role in that for sure. My hearing is quasi stable, buying me more time before I go deaf, yay. The tinnitus is loud and annoying, sensitivity to sound, blah. Let me complain a little more, haha.
In other news, I started working as an RN again doing laser tattoo removal, which I love doing. I have told my patients if they need a break, they need to yell loudly. The laser is loud and extremely painful. And yet everyone thanks me afterwards and I even get tips! I am taking to kids to see their cousins in St. George next weekend. Can't wait. This is what matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment