Thursday, March 14, 2013
Surgeries and Test Results
We had Kate's pre-op on Thursday the 7th. Went through all the same paperwork we went through 6 months ago and got all new prescriptions for eye drops she needs to have both before and after the surgery.
Much to Kate's disappointment, they had to do an EKG. She is holding some of the sticky pads in this picture. She HATES having them taken off. They hurt.
This is Kate using an alcohol pad to take them off herself. She is such a brave little kid.
I am so dumb. I have been wanting this surgery for months. Won't it be great when Kate has her surgery. She'll finally be able to see better. blah, blah, blah. I hadn't realized how long it had been since we have dealt with the inside of hospitals and clinics. The first while they are kind of scary, then they feel like your second home. I'm back to kind of scary. I know this is a good thing to happen, but I just hate sending her in to surgery and waiting. I had just forgotten how much.
We will know the final time for surgery tomorrow, but it's looking like 7:30 in the morning. Back to Rady Children's we go.
I took Kate to see her hip doctor, Dr. Wenger, at Rady's yesterday. They did x-rays and bent everything this way and that. Here's the deal with that. She needs to have her hardware taken out of her legs. It can be this summer or next summer, there's no benefit either way. The surgery will be a one night stay over in the hospital and will not require a cast. Yay!!! She will be on crutches for a week and then light activity, no sports or anything, for 6 weeks. 10 days after surgery she can swim. That is key for summer surgery. Right now we are kinda leaning next summer. Eye surgery is enough for this year I think.
This week has been a little rough for me. I ended up in urgent care last Friday night, nothing to do with headaches or brain tumors either. I know guys read this so I'm disclosing that it was a girl issue and you can stop reading now if you are the squimish type. My uterus had decided that the best course of action was the kill me slowly by bleeding me to death. I had to go and get some meds to stop it before I needed a transfusion, crazy right? So, turns out I had to have an ultrasound.
Tuesday morning I saw my OB. He said I had something going on in the left side, but was likely nothing. At 2:30 I had my ultrasound. Not pleasant, but there you go. At 7 pm I had my MRI to check for that lovely brain tumor. Busy day, and not in a fun way.
I got a call from my OB literally as I walked in the doors to Rady's with Kate on Wednesday and he tells me that there was indeed something going on inside the 'ol uterus and it needs to be taken out. So I am getting the details of the surgery, general anesthesia, same day surgery, etc. as I am walking up and trying to check Kate in. Good times. He also said he would like to do an ablation at the same time. That will basically destroy all or most of my endometrium and I could never have another period or they would just be really light. He said I will have some fairly painful cramps for 6-8 hours afterwards. fun.
On the bright side, I just got a call from MRI folks and I DON'T have a brain tumor!! But....there is always a but with my body. I have some issues with my sinuses on the left side and symptoms consistent with TMJ and I need to see an ENT. That's next Friday.
Early this afternoon I received a call from OB surgery scheduler. I am having that procedure done on April 10th. Life is a non-stop party :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment