Sunday, May 19, 2013

Follow Up, Finally

Things have gotten a bit crazy. The download on Kate is that her eye surgery took TWICE as long as it should have, but it turned out wonderfully.  She can see so much better, she really only needs glasses for reading now. The idea is that she will grow and her eyes will grow and when she is about 19 or 20 years old she won't need glasses at all, or very little. She currently has a pair from Rite Aid until her eyes are fully recovered and then she gets a prescription. Hopefully that happens this Friday at her appointment. She is still on prednisone drops three times a day to bring the swelling down.

I moved. I bought a house, it's lovely. It's on an acre with big trees and a stream! I hear frogs every night and have seen an egret in my back yard, probably eating my lizards. So many of them.

Ethan also bought a home and it has a pool so the kids are very excited. Huck is excited to have a huge yard to run around in.

I will update again after Friday.  It also happens to be the Jog-a-thon at Kate's school, so it's a good day to miss since she has become an official card marker since she can't run like that.

Kate went to Indian Princess camp with Ethan this weekend and apparently has quite the aim. She did exceedingly well at shooting a BB gun at a target and using the bow and arrow. Now she wants horse riding lessons. Ugh, I can wrap her in bubble wrap for that, right?  


No comments:

Post a Comment