Busy, busy, and really busy. I took Kate to see her hip surgeon about three weeks ago. I know, terrible. Since then we have been to Utah at the cabin, Bear Lake in Idaho, and a couple days at Disneyland, of course, Legoland, and Sea World. I think that's pretty good. I'd like to relax the rest of the summer, reading and doing absolutely nothing. Well, it's good to have a dream, right?
Kate's Dr. said she is healing well and we just need to continue building up her muscle strength. She did pretty good running around everywhere. Some rides at Disneyland and some of the activities at Bear Lake made her hips ache a little, but overall she is doing fantastic. We were told that she should have her hardware out next summer. Major bummer. I thought we would have a couple years off. Should be relatively easy surgery, as surgery's go, but still, no fun.
I went through Kate's closet and took bags, yes multiple, of clothes to her cousins in Utah. She is wearing size 12 everything. She turns 9 in October. That is a little depressing.
I am planning on making an appointment with a retina specialist this week so she can be checked out to see if she is a good candidate for her surgery. People with Marfans are at risk for retinal detachment.
Took all the kids to the dentist today. I don't know why it didn't occur to me, but because Kate had recently had surgery with hardware, they just did an exam, no cleaning. I had thought about the heart and having them treat her prophylactically with antibiotics, but the hips just did not occur to me. Another call to the Dr to see what to do about that the next time we see the dentist.
Kate has started going to Indian Princess camp with her dad. This last weekend they went to the beach. Kate got up on the surfboard and was a real pro. This is a picture of her at the beach. Gotta love the hat.
We are heading back to Utah the first week of August for South Weber Days. Can't wait!

Marci - I have to take three (or was it five) huge Amoxicillin before I go to the dentist because of my knees. I had forgot and they just gave them to me there and said that it would still work - just the one time overload dose. So maybe ask about that....?!
ReplyDelete